Monday, October 1, 2012

Getting Started

My new blog is dedicated to helping your children become passionate readers.  I'm looking forward to telling my story and learning from you.  Even though I have a Ph.D. in English, transfering my love of books to my two boys has been far from easy.  My boys are now 12 and 8, have been diagnosed with dyslexia, and enjoy books in different ways every day.  The journey has been bumpy and is far from over.

This summer was particularly challenging as it seemed electronics had taken over our lives.  I still feel that way on some days as we have just added in a cell phone for my tween.  The other day felt as if I were living in the Matrix and needed the ship to swoop down and pull us out.  Yet some technologies have been key in helping us make books part of our everyday lives.

I didn't really know what to call this blog: some working titles were, "The good, the bad, and the ugly,"  "All the mixed up crazy things I did to get my boys to read," but in the end I went with what I hope them to one day be, passionate readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment